Wednesday 9 April 2014

Head Master's End of Term Notes - 4th April

So a busy end of term approaches as I grab a few minutes to write this, in between signing Y11 shirts and another parental visit; for example, this week alone we saw the Mothering Sunday service for the school and the community at St Mary’s, Bruton; the whole school Achievement Assembly where Boarding and Y10 prefects were announced; the County U15 Netball finals where are girls’ came 4th – an outstanding achievement; the St Cecelia’s Spring Concert with an eclectic array of performances to suit all tastes from the Wind Band to the Pop Choir to stunning solo performances – impressive to say the least;  numerous football matches against Bristol Grammar School and Wells Blue (thanks to the weather) and the Paris Trip which left at the crack of dawn yesterday with a group of excited students eager to test out their French and immerse themselves into Parisian culture – do follow their exploits on Twitter; I hear the weather there is hot! This is a fair reflection of exactly what we want at Sexey’s: a busy school. One where students are engaged, thriving and taking advantage of the numerous opportunities on offer. With over 100 football, netball and rugby matches combined this term alone (to name just three sports) the levels of participation have certainly increased in the school and I thank you for your continued support. However, contrary to popular belief, I am not banning the age old tradition of ‘Squares’ at Sexey’s and building a pagoda in the quadrangle to practice Tai-Chi…

And so the Lent term comes to an end and I hope these weekly emails have kept you abreast of all things Sexey’s. Whilst the Y11 students sport their colourful hoodies and have their shirts signed, it’s great to see the camaraderie amongst the students enjoying themselves at school and learning valuable life lessons about the importance of community and friendship. As ever, it is of course a crucial period for our exam candidates to undertake effective revision; I know I do not need to remind them of the importance of consistent and effective hard work over the weeks ahead and we will support them through the tough exam season. I wish them well in their endeavours and preparations and my sincere thanks go to the staff who go that extra mile to ensure that provision and care at Sexey’s is second to none.

I wish you all a peaceful Easter and a well-deserved rest and I do hope that I can put away my wellies and brolly….

No comments:

Post a Comment